Temporary Seasonal Part-Time Guest Services Coordinator
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world’s leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center Campus.
Lincoln Center’s Guest Services team seeks a highly motivated, customer service-oriented Seasonal Guest Services Coordinator to assist in facilitating a superior guest experience for guests to our concerts and summer series including Midsummer Night Swing, Lincoln Center Out of Doors, Lincoln Center Festival, and Mostly Mozart. The successful candidate will have previous hospitality experience, preferably in a theatrical setting. House management experience and comfort with ticketing software is a plus. Possibility for annual/ongoing part-time relationship.
* Serving as the face of Lincoln Center at concerts and events
* Assisting with managing, coaching, and dispatching public-facing interns and volunteers
* Creating and disseminating written and oral informational briefings for front-of-house staff and volunteers
* Orienting guests and providing information on Lincoln Center performances, events, and neighborhood resources
* Troubleshooting guest and colleague concerns and gracefully enforcing policies
* Assisting with line management/crowd control (up to 8,000 people)
* Proactively identifying and solving recurring guest care challenges to improve operations
* Acting as a liaison between Marketing, Programming, Concert Halls, Security, and Guest Services
* Additional administrative duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND PRIOR EXPERIENCE
* 3-5 years in a hospitality and/or guest-facing role
* Prior front-of-house, house management, ticketing, or ushering experience preferred
* Strong verbal and written communications skills
* Cool and level-headed under pressure
* Excellent ability to multi task, with a keen attention-to-detail
* Ability to manage and organize large and diverse groups of people
* Possess a positive attitude, strong hospitality ethic, and outgoing personality
* Ability to be outdoors and standing for extended periods of time, in various types of weather
* Ability to work a flexible schedule; some weekends and evenings required
* Knowledge and love of the performing arts
* Foreign language(s) a plus
Anticipated duration of assignment: 10-12 weeks beginning May 30, 2017 through August 27, 2017; approx. 19 hours per week; primarily during evenings and weekends
Please send a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to [email protected] Please list Temporary (Seasonal) Guest Services Coordinator in subject line.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.