Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world’s leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center campus.
The Information Technology team provides essential technology support to staff members across LCPA. Reporting to the Director, Infrastructure and Support Services, the Network Administrator is responsible for day-to-day network and server operations as well as assisting with IT helpdesk overflow.
• Manage and support all operating system and switch revisions/upgrades/implementations
• Maintain and troubleshoot the server and switch farm per SLA, policy, and procedure
• Manage user accounts and maintain network security via the tools provided
• Maintain 2-factor sign-in and email filter environments
• Assist with IT helpdesk calls as time permits to alleviate long service wait times
• Work with the Deputy Director to update and prepare necessary systems/operations documentation
• Assist with large scale networked copy/print/scan equipment support and upgrades
• Serve as the secondary contact for hardware and services vendors
• Keep current with emerging technologies and provide suggestions regarding products that may be beneficial to Lincoln Center
• Manage additional projects on an as assigned basis.
• BS in Computer Science or related field of study or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 2 - 3 years of experience managing a Cisco network and HP server farm required
• 2+ years of experience in an MS SqlServer database environment required
• Excellent hands-on technical and functional knowledge of HP, Cisco, Meraki, VMWare, and Palo Alto software & equipment
• Experience with Cloud-based backup environments required
• Azure-based ADFS experience required
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office365 administration required
• Technical knowledge of the PC and Web environments and ways to fix/optimize these environments necessary
• CCNA, CCIE or other certifications strongly preferred
• Excellent project and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong customer service orientation
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work well under pressure with strong problem solving abilities
• Any HTML knowledge or experience would be a plus
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) to the [email protected] inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Network Administrator in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.