Major Gifts Officer
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world’s leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts and education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center Campus.
As the Major Gifts Officer, you will play a vital role in sharing the mission of Lincoln Center with current and prospective donors, setting strategy, and executing to help us reach our ambitious fundraising goals. You will report to the Senior Director, Individual Giving.
• Identify major gifts prospects and develop compelling cultivation and solicitation strategies for each in support of Lincoln Center’s artistic programs and community initiatives, including but not limited to Mostly Mozart Festival, White Light Festival, American Songbook, Lincoln Center Out of Doors, and Great Performers
• As a front-line fundraiser, engage directly with Lincoln Center prospects to secure 5- to 6-figure gifts
• Develop and effectively communicate solicitation strategies for LCPA’s EVP of Planning and Development, President, and Trustees as they approach prospects for 5- to 7- figure gifts
• Develop and execute a robust stewardship program for current major donors with the goal of upgrading support whenever appropriate. Such program to include written communication, entertaining at performances and other special events, etc.
• Build strong relationships with a variety of constituents, including the Programming department, to understand their work and effectively communicate these projects to prospects and donors
• Work collaboratively with the Planning and Development team at large to support team goals, including attending fundraising events and supporting other special projects
• Five years of related development experience with a proven track record in creative fundraising for an arts organization, especially front-line fundraising
• Excellent prospecting skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Exceptional organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
• Outstanding prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
• Excellent research skills
• Strong knowledge of the performing arts
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
• Prior experience with Pledgemaker or a similar database preferred
• Weekend and occasional evening work required
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) to the [email protected] inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Major Gifts Officer in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.