Assistant Manager, Purchasing
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world’s leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center campus.
The Operations department handles maintenance and construction for the Lincoln Center campus and oversees and manages events taking place in any of our public spaces or with our constituent organizations. The Operations department also manages all campus landscaping, signage, and outside projects with the City of New York.
The Assistant Manager, Purchasing will be responsible for providing day-to-day administrative support to the Operations team. The Assistant Manager, Purchasing will be responsible for coordinating with operations personnel, preparing contracts/purchase orders for vendors, tracking cost information, contract development, and managing an accurate tracking database for financial purposes. The ideal candidate possesses strong multitasking and detail orientation skills, excellent communication and customer service skills, and is motivated by problem solving and creating procedural efficiencies.
• Assist with preparing formal contract/purchase order documents for items and services for purpose of ensuring that materials and services provided are in compliance with Lincoln Center’s purchasing guidelines
• Maintain accurate contracts and purchasing documents, files, records (e.g. requests for proposals, vendor files, bid documents, quotes, etc.) for the purpose of availability of documentation and audit committee
• Amend contracts, developing the vendor/sub-recipient scope
• Coordinate negotiations of any additions and amendments in Scope of Work.
• Provide input to operations staff regarding contractual matters.
• Provide assistance with all contractual issues and changes to contracts; ensure that changes are communicated to the appropriate stakeholders
• Prepare and maintain various reports and tracking mechanisms for internal distribution
• Expedite creation and distribution of purchase orders by identifying and resolving vendor and shipping problems
• Work closely with the finance team to confirm proper expense coding and accounts payable to resolve invoicing issues and expedite payment
• Serve as a liaison with vendors including monitoring and consolidating orders and addressing questions regarding their purchase orders/processes, contract terms, and conditions and invoicing
• Work closely with Lincoln Center’s Legal Counsel during contract review
• Advise operations personnel of upcoming contract renewals, extensions, and blanket order requirements
• Develop new processes as projects come on board.
• 3-5 years of experience in a similar function
• Experience working with Microsoft software suite, including Word, Excel etc.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills and a strong customer service orientation
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills and a history of success in managing a large volume of concurrent tasks within specific timeframes, with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness in work
• Excellent negotiation, conflict resolution, and decision making skills
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) to the [email protected] inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Assistant Manager, Purchasing in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.