Accounts Receivable Manager
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world’s leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center campus.
We are seeking a hands-on, detail oriented, self-starter to join our organization as an Accounts Receivable Manager. The Accounts Receivable Manager is a critical part of a small team charged with supporting the daily operations and strategic objectives of Lincoln Center’s accounts receivable cycle for venue/event sales and miscellaneous accounts receivable business functions and procedures for the accounts receivable collection process.
Additionally, the Accounts Receivable Manager will provide oversight and administration of the daily banking process. The fluidity and agile nature of our environment means that no two days are ever the same. Therefore, successful applicants will have supervisory accounts receivable experience and demonstrate an incredible customer service skillset, hawk-like focus on detail, razor-sharp attention to accuracy in data entry, as well as seamless adaptability for changing priorities.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, this position is responsible for a full range of services ensuring that Lincoln Center’s billing, collection and cash management policies are adhered to. Specific responsibilities include:
• Overseeing event/venue sales, constituent and miscellaneous customer billing and cash receipts processing
• Supervising staff to ensure the proper recording and application of cash, management of outstanding invoices, and direct interfacing with customers and constituents on collection matters and dispute resolution
• Reviewing, supervising and approving daily cash transactions, many related to wire transfers and credits
• Supporting Management by providing timely and accurate payment and account standing information
• Approving and posting journal entries
• Providing support and documentation as needed for the annual audit
• Working on special projects as needed
• Minimum of five years of supervisory experience in accounts receivable, billing, or collections
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of proper accounting treatment for accounts receivable transactions and activities
• Record of achievement in working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
• Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple shifting priorities
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
• Strong customer service orientation with an ability to successfully partner with a variety of different stakeholders and staff at all levels
• Exceptional analytic and problem solving skills
• High degree of integrity including ability to successfully deal with sensitive or confidential information
• Ability to exhibit poise, composure and confidence when confronting stressful or high-pressure situations
• Must be experienced in and able to demonstrate proficiency with computerized accounts receivable software applications; prior ArtsVision experience preferred but not required
• BA/BS Degree in Finance/Accounting or a commensurate level of directly related experience
• High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, MS Word)
• Interest in the performing arts a plus
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) to the [email protected] inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Accounts Receivable Manager in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center is an equal opportunity employer.